The Climate Action Clinic (CAC) is a support centre for agriculture issues and problems. It serves the communities residing in the Ganges-Brahmaputra-Meghna Delta. This is also a hub of information related to climate smart agriculture, climate risk management, and green technologies.
• To promote climate smart agriculture.
• To build the capacity of farmers through training on new agricultural methods/technologies, provide handholding support to increase productivity
• To address issues and challenges faced by farmers in crop management.
The Climate Action Clinic (CAC) offers a range of services to enrich the knowledge of farmers in the Ganges-Brahmaputra-Meghna Delta about climate smart agriculture and helps them adopt the same.
Critical services include:
• Soil testing and related advice
• Assistance for accessing farm inputs and improved supplies
• Training / information on new agricultural methods/technologies
• Training / information on climate-appropriate crop varieties
• Trade and market information
• Assistance in accessing markets and buyers
The project ‘Participatory Climate Action for Vulnerable Brahmaputra-Ganges Basin’ has a robust support structure to facilitate the uptake of climate smart agriculture.